I started this blogging journey a few months ago and have been blessed with people who have encouraged, listened, and challenged me to be the best “me”. This has been a look into my heart, forcing me to look at the whole me. What a nice “boost” to the ego to have a fellow blogger acknowledge my humble blog. Smommy and I have found that our paths at this point in life are strikingly similar. Our boys are about the same age and we have both now found ourselves separated from our husbands, by our own choice. I find encouragement that I am not alone! Thank you!
With this award, there are some things I must do…
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. (see above)
- Write down seven random facts about yourself. (see below-and I’m writing five, just because I don’t follow rules real well)
- Give this award to fifteen other bloggers. (see even further below-well I’m giving this award to five other bloggers, only because I’m not even following fifteen)
- Let them know they’ve won.
- Pop the award on my blog.
Not only will I award this to five of my favorite blogs, but I will shoot some random facts about myself at you. I will try to make them surprising…maybe something I haven’t already revealed about myself, which might be easy since I haven’t shared too much personal information yet.
Five random facts about me:
1. I am a closet Latin music fanatic! When my son was an infant and colicky, my husband was shocked to find out how I would calm our son by dancing with him to a little Ricky Martin or Shakira.
2. I don’t wear makeup, love hunting, snowmobiling, camping, gardening, basically anything outside (although I don’t like to get dirt under my fingernails). You get the picture, I’m a country girl.
3. I work for a daily newspaper, but I don’t have ANY control over what is published! I will have future blogs about this topic…
4. I am allergic to bee stings, shellfish, and a growing list of antibiotics.
5. My first ever plane ride was at nineteen for a 4000 mile trip to Santa Cruz, Bolivia on a mission trip.
YOU ARE “One Lovely Blogger”…
Thank you to all the below bloggers that I follow and love to read. I hope all of you enjoy them also.
Nikki at Simply Striving is always an encouragement. Her beautiful writing comes from her love of the Lord. She is an “old soul” as she describes herself who loves the hymns I grew up singing as well. I have found unexpected blessings reading her words.
lily2u1 at One More Morning has been another one to lift me up. The statement from her “About” page says so much about her spirit. “This is where you will find empathy if you feel downtrodden, but mostly you’ll find encouragement to pick yourself up and be thankful for small things. We’ll appreciate our beautiful world and find the strength to face the tough parts of our lives.” How great it is to have found her!
Diane at hometogo232 is another that has touched me with her encouraging words. Her faith is uplifting and her marriage has endured for almost 50 years. I hope to one day say the same about me and my husband….there is still hope!
lessonsfromtheendofamarriage writes about moving beyond the grief and anger after her husband abruptly abandoned her with a text message after 16 years!
Sis at Passionate Christian Marriage encourages wives to loves their husbands and has some ideas on how to keep that marriage sacred, healthy and passionate behind those closed bedroom doors.
Thank you again smommy for thinking I’m worthy of this award. I humbly accept it. You have made my week! I also thank my fellow bloggers that take time out to read my ramblings without calling me crazy!